Facebook Twitter Twitter

Friday, June 6, 2014

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Woo Hoo! Summer has begun... Well, almost! I said my goodbyes to my little cubs on Wednesday. To say that was a tough day is an understatement. We laughed, we cried, we ate donuts! So many donuts. I am not kidding when I say we had at least 15 dozen donuts. I loved this group of kids more than I can say. I said some big ups and some really big lows. In fact, today is the funeral of one of my little ones mother. In my 21 years, I have never had a student lose a parent. It was so sudden and unexpected. One day she picked up her daughter, the next she was in a coma awaiting family from Mexico before they turned off life support. Tough to say the least. But enough of that...

Here are my little cubs on the last day just before our program. I love how they are all dressed up. They were so sweet. The program went off without a hitch. They sang, they danced, they laughed at the movie. One of the highlights was after the program before I started handing out the awards, my parents gave ME a standing ovation. ME, I've never had a stand ovation in my life. To say I was touched is an understatement. This was a very special group. 

As I stated in my opening statement, summer has begun.. ALMOST! I signed up to teach summer school and for the next 3 weeks I will be teaching Pre-K going into Kindergarten kiddos. I have to say, I am excited! It will be nice to get a little head start on my kiddos for next year. YAY! Although, I may not get all of them in my class, I will get a few and they will help with the transition. 

So, what are my plans for the summer? Work on opening a shop on TPT, lots of freebies, and maybe a give away or two. Plus, CAMPING, CAMPING, CAMPING!!!!!! Hope you all have a great summer and check back to see what is going on with Mrs. Katzman's Kinder Cubs!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment