Facebook Twitter Twitter

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

No Idea

So, when I wrote my last post, I didn't realize it would be almost 8 months between that post and this one. To say I have been busy is an understatement. This has been such an amazing year of growth for both me and my students. I can't believe how much my Cubs have taught me. This group has been astounding. I have the highest students I have ever had and the lowest. I have seen such amazing growth in this group of students.

When I tested them at the beginning of the year, NOT A SINGLE student knew all their letters and sounds. In fact, I only had 2 students that knew any letter sounds at all. I am pleased to say that by November, all but 1 of my original Cubs knew ALL of their letter names AND sounds! Yep, in less than 3 months we had reached our first class goal. I have to say, my little low one is still struggling with her letter names and sounds. She is very close, but still has a few to learn. Now, how did I do it? I didn't. My Cubs, my parents, and I ALL worked together. Without this trifecta, we would not be experiencing the success we are.

I am very excited to share with you the things I have learned this year. So please stay tuned. The journey is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment