Facebook Twitter Twitter

Monday, September 2, 2013

Wondering...

So, I've been blogging off and on for a couple of years. I've been reading blogs for a lot longer. This is what I've learned, blogging is really hard work. It's hard to gain an audience and keep them interested. I have great intentions. Really I do!!!! However, life gets in the way. I don't get how the really great bloggers balance all of their responsibilities. I really admire their ability to do it all! But, I do not have that same ability. Doesn't mean I don't have a lot to share, just never going to be a daily blogger.

I've also learned that NOT all Kindergarten classrooms are the same. I read about some of the amazing things going on around the country and I cry. I mean I literally cry. My students will never be able to do what is going on in these classrooms. My Cubs are poor! My Cubs don't speak English! My Cubs are homeless! My Cubs have very young parents (20 and 21). My Cubs come to school hungry! My Cubs have seen things that NO one should ever witness let alone see as a child. My Cubs have gang members as parents. My Cubs have one or both parents in prison. I could continue listing all the strikes my Cubs have against them. Not all my Cubs have all these strikes against them, but most have several. However, with all these things that are wrong in their life, they never stop surprising me with the desire they have to learn and how much they learn in the year I have them. I also need to say, my Cubs' parents love their children and do the very best they can.

I guess my question is, do you get frustrated reading all the amazing things going on around the country? Are your students able to do those things? Or are your students like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment