Facebook Twitter Twitter

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 2014, Currently

 I  am totally enjoying learning how to link up and join the amazing parties going on all over the place. I have always loved the first of the month when I can read all of the "Currently" blog posts. Because of that, I decided I'd give it a try. Welcome to my completely ordinary life with my extraordinary children! 


Listening: my boys are grounded from all technology. The best thing I ever did was buy them iPhones for Christmas. I finally have a "currency" that means a lot to my boys. In order to get them back, they have to "earn" 500 points. The points are earned by doing chores. I have a list of chores with points attached. They decide what they want to do. No stress for me. All up to them!!!!

Loving: my family is everything to me. My niece is THE MOST AMAZING mom I have ever seen. She has 5 children and is on top of everything. She recently started making a summer bucket list of things to do with her family. So of course, I am going to do that too. Because when I grow up, I want to be the type of mom she is!

Thinking: I Teach K is only a week away. I know, I live in Vegas! No big deal, right? WRONG! I have begged, prayed,  wanted to go to this conference since going back into the classroom. Finally, my principal agreed to pay! Yipee! I can't wait to go, sit, watch, and learn from all of my Kindergarten idols (BTW: I'm super shy, so I will most likely just sit and soak in their greatness from a far)!

Wanting:to get out of the heat!  People is is suppose to get up to 115 degrees today. If you are coming for I Teach K, prepare for the furnace. Although it should be a little cooler next week. 

Needing: doesn't matter how many times I clean my pantry and fridge, it is a mess in a couple of days. So, I am going to reorganize and label EVERYTHING! Just need a few more baskets and mason jars.

4th of July: one of my favorite days of the year. Can't wait to enjoy with friends and family! 

Happy July!



4 comments:

  1. I liked reading your July post. This was my first time linking up too. I am just learning about the Vegas conference and cannot wait to read everyone's posts about it. It sounds like a great conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I must have read it wrong when you said they were fighting to unload the dishwasher - not I see you are a genius and that they want to so they can earn points! Enjoy the 4th!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am a mason jar & basket organizer & I too feel like I'm ALWAYS having to organize SOMETHING! And right now I only have a dog & hubby to chase around cleaning up after. Can't imagine what it will be like when I have kids!
    -Ashlee
    TeacherWillRunforBooks

    ReplyDelete